Monday 14 May 2007

Main Healing, Yes Please

As I hadn’t done an Assault since I got my Yigit Gages, Teila and I decided upon the L3 Lebros Cavern Assault, “Troll Fugitives”, whereby you had to pursue fifteen (?) wounded Trolls through the cave and kill them all. The great thing about them being wounded was that some had very low HP. We got members quite quickly and ran through the cave killing them ASAP. There was no time to rest (another reason why BLMs don’t work in Assaults) and we only just made it with a minute to go! I received 1,200 AP for winning, so I have 1,300 AP in total for Lebros Cavern!



After another demoralising Snoll fight on Sunday, I then bit the bullet and swapped to SMN to solo Bombs in Ifrit’s Cauldron whilst seeking. I know SMN will do some mean damage to the Snoll Tzar but I’ve made it clear to the CoP Squad that I’m fed up with being the one levelling frantically whilst others just moan about it. On the other hand, I’m fed up with Chapter 5 of CoP (we’ve been on it since January I think, maybe) so I want it done ASAP.

I struggled in Ifrit’s Cauldron. Although I got 400 XP a kill with the Anniversary Ring on, many would not blow up and I got the hate after awhile, and died in two hits. I almost gave up when I got invited to a party in Garlaige Citadel.



We didn’t have a proper tank, so we used our WAR/NIN. We went to Garlaige and dropped into the Serket area and camped there, pulling Chamber Beetles and Funnel Bats. I soon reached L51 and because of the luxury of having a COR, I was never without Refresh. Once I’d hit L51 I was able to equip the Elemental Staves, and when I combined the Light Staff with my Carbuncle Mitts, I was able to keep the radioactive squirrel out for free. The Staves made the Avatars stronger and reduced their perpetuation cost. We disbanded when I was 4k TNL.



I returned to Whitegate to check to see if I could get my next rank-up quest from Naja but still no joy. On the way out I spoke with her assistant and, lo and behold, he gave me the quest! How many Assaults ago could I have got this had I known to speak to him!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.