Tuesday 15 May 2007

Carbuncle, I Choose YOU!

ShadesOfUnicorn were scheduled to attend Dynamis-Windurst today, but when I logged in the message on the Linkshell said, yet again, that we would be doing Dynamis-Jeuno. I took off my Linkpearl and decided that I would not be going for a fourth time in a row to that laggy hellhole, so instead I put my flag up as SMN and, literally, after three seconds I received an invite to a full party, blatantly in need of a healer.

I returned to Jeuno and we set off for Crawlers’ Nest. The party was mostly Japanese but the leader was English (or at least spoke English). We began fighting the Helm Beetles in the lower depths of the Nest but whilst I was summoning Titan, the Samurai had taken hate and was hit by several criticals and a Power Attack. He died before I’d finished summoning and there was nothing I could do. Our NIN tank couldn’t hold hate. I Raised him up and he was understanding, but the BRD disbanded and Warped out without a word. No one questioned it, but I thought that was mighty rude. I’ve known BRDs to leave like that before, as they know they’ll be snatched up by another party straight away.



We carried on for the rest of the party as a five. I soon got L52 and despite having no Refresher, I managed to cycle Earthen Ward and Ecliptic Growl whilst main healing, at no real risk of major downtime, but I could have slapped our trigger-happy BLM, who took most of the hate. We disbanded when I was 1.1k TNL.

During the party, Omnislasher wrote to me:

(Omnislasher): Summoner? Thought you hated that job! >.>
(Kixxi): Nah, just doing it for the CoP Squad. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

I’ve never hated SMN. In fact, until I discovered THF, SMN was my favourite job, but I had to solo it from L30 to L40 due to the lack of invites. It is quite possibly the most powerful job in the game, but takes a while to master and a lifetime of patience. Most of the time you’ll only get invited because there are no WHMs seeking. If a WHM is available, you’re screwed. I was levelling it this time to use in the Snoll. I was burning to use Inferno on him, as I’m sick of seeing his spiky-toothed grin as wipes us all out.

Teila rang me to explain what was happening with Dynamis. Turned out Darkshade was sulking because they couldn’t get in to a Dynamis on Saturday due to the Japanese being in. He’d let Snobe and Bobababa manage the run, so Snobe had chosen Dynamis-Jeuno to get his last piece of Relic and due to the stupid free-lot rules, all the people who knew that no Relic would drop for their job, didn’t want to come. Momotaru was arguing this, but others were saying that he was just causing drama. The arguing escalated and people started saying that they should give up on ShadesOfUnicorn as it was nothing but hassle. In the end they agreed on Dynamis-San d’Oria but I was too busy enjoying myself in a party to want to come. In fact I’d be quite happy to quit.

After my party ended, I headed to Whitegate to participate in a Troll Besieged to see if I could get full XP which would get me another level. I died several times, but managed to live at the end, whilst healing as many people as possible. I received just under 1k XP so Teila took me out into Bhaflau Thickets to solo EP where I got L53! Not bad considering yesterday I was L50!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.