Sunday 20 May 2007

Demolishing Dem

Yesterday Kellie and Kitty had read the forthcoming updates to CoP (making it easier for a fourth time due to the “overwhelming” number of requests from players to SE), and has asked me to go with them through the Prommies before the update. I had agreed, and we managed to recruit BBK as a tank (with Kitty), Teila as a second SMN, and Gotrunks as our WHM.



We made our way through the first floor of Dem with little hassle, fighting the Memory Receptacle for access to the second floor. Unfortunately, Gotrunks got aggro from a Weeper just as we were entering the Stream and died. I thought the Stream would close before he could get in it, but he managed to Reraise and join us to the second floor in time. It was an Omen of things to come.

On the second floor, despite BBK and Squidy on map duty, we couldn’t find a Memory Receptacle to save our lives. When we finally did find one, it was a dud and we had to go search for another one. When we did, Gotrunks got aggro again, but luckily made it through without dying. Kellie took a death though too, but Reraised up before we got in the Stream.



On the third floor, I noobed up and caused a wipe, but it wasn’t entirely my fault! I went to Ninja behind a True Sight mob and it turned at the last minute, so I caught aggro. I tried to run away and die in a safe place, and caught aggro from other Weepers as I did so. The Linkshell, being loyal to the core, chased after me and took them off me as I died so had two IT Weepers on them. They were Light-based so we were unable to Bar ourselves, and as a result, wiped to their AoE. I apologised, but in the end if someone takes aggro on the third or fourth floor of a Prommy it’s best to let them die.



On the fourth floor we soon found the Memory Flux which Teila needed for CoP 8.5 and although I tried to get everyone to line up for a Forum photo, they wouldn’t, so I don’t have a pic of us against the Flux to post here. Anyway, we found the Spire to Dem and stepped inside to prepare for the Boss, the Progenitor.

I actually thought this was harder compared to when I went through with my CoP static. We hardly dented it but when Teila and I both used Shiva’s Diamond Dust at the same time it lost a substantial amount of life. Kitty and BBK then used their Anima to lock it down whilst we continued to pummel away. Teila and I used a second Astral flow each and after four Diamond Dusts, the thing was still standing. It began to spawn Offspring and use Sprit Absorption, which was an Endrain effect, so Kitty and BBK used Mighty Strikes to knock it right down. A final Diamond Dust from Teila finished it off. It put up a serious fight this time, but luckily thanks to Gotrunks, no one came near to dying. Kellie also provided artillery support in the form of BLM nukes.



We agreed to do Mea on Thursday so Gotrunks could get Lufaise Meadows and then Holla some other time in the near future.

After the Prommy I received another invite from a Mithra called Drunkenthief. I came to meet her in Jeuno but we only got as far as four members, before she logged out and everyone else disbanded. It’s been a sucky weekend for invites and I’ve now been L53 across three parties now, and that’s with the Anniversary Ring active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.