Saturday 21 April 2007

Run, Ribbit, Run!

I woke up really late today wondering where half the day had gone, and went into an Undead Swarm Besieged. I hate the Undead, especially with their AoEs and the fact they strip you of your gear every five seconds. I managed to survive and grabbed some XP for my THF, seeing as I haven't had any parties since I hit L60.

Afterwards, I Teleported to Dem with Teila to finish off the quest "For the Birds", which involved fighting four NM Quadav in the middle of Beaudeax. They were pretty easy, but we had to fight them twice to complete the quest each, but we were rewarded with Jaguar Mantles (80k) for our efforts.



When we returned from Beaudeax, we used our Olduum Rings and took our Chocobo from the plinth through Wajaom Woodlands to Mamook to do the quest regarding the infamous "Two-Horn", a bane in the Empire's side. I had thought it was an Imp NM but Teila insisted it was a Mamool Ja.

We entered Mamook and started making our way west to the room the NM was believed to be. Around halfway through we encountered the dreaded Poroggos, the little true-sneak frog-men, sitting on the narrow ledges around the pond. Down below sat Sound and Sight-detecting mobs, so we couldn't do it without aggro; the ledges were too narrow.

We pulled a Poroggo and gazed in horror as our nukes hardly dented it. In the end we had to go with the log-out tactic, dashing across Mamook, Sleeping stuff then logging out to remove hate, logging in, getting a bit further then repeating.



Eventually, after around an hour of travelling, we made it to the NM's cave. The spawn-point was a bucket of "Viscous Liquid". Now, normally these Poison you and turn you into a Mamool Ja (via costume), but this one gave us the cutscene and spawned an NM simply entitled "Mamool Ja", which was odd, and it hardly put up a fight at all. I thought something was odd, as this was too easy, but then we noticed that every so often, he would run round the well and regain a tonne of life, so in order to preserve MP, we had to Bind and Gravity him otherwise the fight would have taken all night. Eventually the two of us killed him but I've yet to return to Whitegate to collect my reward.

I logged out afterwards to assist my dad with a bonfire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.