Thursday 26 April 2007

Gunning for L22

After work I helped Teila get a couple of BLU spells. First of all we had to take on the dreaded Sabotenders for the 1,000 Needles spell, and not only was it hard enough to find the blasted weeds, it was near impossible to get them to do the move. I pulled Yawawa out to help spread the damage over more people, but it wasn't too bad in the end. After an hour and a half, we got the move. Although Teila needed Heat Breath from the Manticores, we were never able to kill the Manticores fast enough after it did the move, so it did another move before death, negating our chance of learning the spell.

We then headed to Garlaige Citadel and went beyond the First Banishing Gate. Behind this gate there are two Fetid Flesh (Doomed family) so we pulled them to the bottom of the stairs to fight them away from the Funnel Bats. Teila learned Stinking Gas after we pulled the second one.



After this, Teila went to Pashow to fight Malboros for Bad Breath, but I changed to Corsair and went to the Tahrongi Canyon to continue levelling. Omnislasher sent me a /tell asking for help with fighting Dark Spark, but I had to refuse as all I seem to do lately is help people, and I need some time to myself to do my own thing. It's no wonder I can't get a second job levelled when I spend so much time running about to help with fights and quests for people on my Friend List. I don't mind, but sometimes you gotta say no and just do your own thing.

I went from L13 to L15 in an hour and a half thanks to two charges of the Empress Band and the Corsair's Roll. When I reached L15, I returned to Whitegate to grab my Bandit's Gun, Ranger Die, Dark Knight Die, two Reflex Rings and some ammunition for my weapon, but I noticed that most of the Bronze Bullets were out of stock, not to mention very expensive and had poor damage. It seems that a Corsair must wait until over a quarter of the way through its career to use normal Bullets, which are cheaper and have high damage. I find this odd for a gun-toting pirate!



Before bed I did one more Assault with Teila, but we only went as four, as our SAM/THF was convinced that he could do tremendous damage if we got a NIN tank. We eventually got a Japanese NIN, but despite asking him many times if he had Blade: Ku for the Light Skillchain, the Japanese NIN remained silent, only speaking to apologise for aggroing two Puks, and causing us to nearly fail the Assault.

We won, just, and I logged off, after practically falling asleep at the PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.