Tuesday 10 April 2007

The Milestone

When I got home I had to cut the grass, and there's nothing worse than doing that when your hayfever is playing up. I always get hayfever really badly and quite early on, but it had to be done. Anyway, took me awhile before I logged on as I had to let my eyes calm down.

When I did log on, I decided to shout for another Mamool Ja Assault, and we hit five relatively quickly. We breezed the Assault, but it wasn't as smooth as I would have liked it to be. We couldn't find a couple of the Mamool Ja Executioners, but we still finished it way before time was up.

After dinner I put my flag up whilst watching The Ghost Galleon, part three of the Blind Dead series. Utterly poor acting, and some bad special effects, but not without its charm. Eventually, I got an invite, and lo and behold, the party was full! No waiting around, no mess, we were ready to go!

We were camped in Bhaflau Thickets, but when I got there, our WHM quit without warning, and our DRG DC'd. At the same time, another member of the party got aggro from a Fomor Bard, but we killed it relatively easily. I thought the party was doomed, but we got another WHM, a Taru called Rightway (who turned out to be very cool and hardcore, insisting he was happy for me to pull when he had no MP!). Luckily we had a BRD to keep him Refreshed.



We changed camp and took on the Colibri by the entrance to Halvung. With a DRG and me in the party, these things went down like flies but we had so many line-up changes, it took me hours to get the 12k XP I needed to hit L60, but hit L60 I did, and the relief that flooded through me was immense!!! With a bonus to Resist Bind, Resist Gravity and the new Trait Assassin, plus the powerful Weaponskill Dancing Edge, I really felt like a new Taru!

At almost exactly the same time, Teila hit L75 on her fourth job, SMN, so it was a great night for the both of us. SMN is one of those jobs I know so many people would love to have at L75 but without the effort of levelling it; hell, I'm one of them. Getting to L50 was practically as difficult a struggle as it was levelling THF this far.

Anyways, at least I'm all set now up until chapter seven of CoP, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the higher level you are, the more chance you have of being snatched up, even if it's because parties are desperate, as there's less of you, until you get to L75. So many people apparently give up in the fifties as they struggle with getting AF, or they don't like the sudden increase in required XP to level.

Anyway, now I need to look into macroing gear swaps as its getting to that stage where TP isn't going up fast enough and I have no CHA for Dancing Edge, so damage is pretty poor.

urgh, more crap to carry around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.