Monday 9 April 2007

Got the Horn?

I don't know what happened today, but the linkshell reached its busiest peak of all time, with new recruits coming in left, right and centre. Some were of lower level, and others were end-gamers, so it was a nice mix. I didn't have time to be too chatty though, as Teila and I spent the best part of all afternoon doing SMN AF3, "Carbuncle's Debacle" for the L60 Head gear, the Evoker's Horn.

First of all we had to travel through the Boyahda Tree to the Cloister of Storms and inside the Lightning Protocrystal we were set upon by two NM Weapons, Thunder Gremlin and Lightning Gremlin. One was a RDM and the other was a WAR, and the first time we went in we were slaughtered, as the WAR practically two-shotted me.



The second time, Teila decided to keep the WAR Bound, whilst we duo'd the RDM, keeping it Enfeebled. It took awhile, and lots of concentration, but we did it. The WAR was harder to kill, but required less Enfeebling and we beat it after nineteen minutes.

After more cutscenes, we had to go all the way out to the Cloister of Gales, in the lonely back end of beyond, north of Cape Terrigan. Even now I still feel nervous running past those Greater Manticore in that tight little passage at the end. Inside, we had to face a large NM Manticore called Ogmios, who did nothing but spam Silencega and Dispelga.



Hate was easier to control as there was only one of them, but he was a powerful chap, and his Deadly Hold move took Teila down through Stoneskin and Phalanx to half life each time. We beat him after twenty-one minutes and following a cutscene with Koro-Moru, received our Evoker's Horns.

After that, we entered another Mamool Ja Besieged (I always seem to do Mamool ones) which lasted forever. We lost two Generals, but survived and I received 1,200 LP. I also got some nice skill-ups on Divine too. Not so far from cap now!

After Besieged, Teila and I shouted for Assaults, and it took us almost an hour to get just three people for the Pre-Emptive Strike Assault in the Mamool Ja Training Grounds. Jeanius was our last member but when we got to the Runic Seal in Bhaflau Thickets, he didn't have the Mission activated as he had never done Assaults before. I felt bad, but I had to ask him to disband so that I could replace him. I nipped back to Whitegate and grabbed us a THF. We went in as a five (it's an easy Assault) and even got ourselves a Chain Seven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.