Sunday 1 April 2007

Cats in the Canyon

I haven't been adding to my blog for some time as I've been so busy in real life and was away for some time too. With the Easter holidays approaching, I'm not going to be adding much for awhile either.

Razel had returned to the game after a two-year break and was back on the linkshell as a L40 DRG. I bet that with all the updates and changes to the game since, he had a lot to catch up on! Still, he was in a party soon enough so it looked like he just jumped straight back into things.

I shelved THF again today, as I had made a promise that no matter what level I got my THF to, that I would get SMN to L60 as of the start of April. I cashed in my claim form with the storage NPC and dusted off my Austere Robe, and headed off to Boneyard Gully to meet with the CoP Squad for a stab at the Mithran Sin Hunter BCNM.

We agreed to try two practice runs just to simply get a feel for their strength and tactics and also because Usagy's 2hr, Manafont, wasn't ready, as he had used it for his Dynamis run. The practice runs went really badly as the Mithra were skillchaining with each other left, right and centre - and these were powerful weapon skills like Evisceration! Omni was practically one-shotted at one point. I knew though that the real run would be different as we'd be able to use 2hrs and the Blackened Muddy Siredons to hamper their TP gain.



Once Usagy's 2hr had returned we went back in and ate Mithra for breakfast. Invincible plus Astral Flow and two BLMs using Ancient Magic meant that these ladies didn't stand a chance. We won the BCNM in just over five minutes, and at least two of those minutes were buffing and resting.

The subsequent cutscenes indicated that we had to travel to the Bearclaw Pinnacle in the centre of the Uleguerande Range, which meant only one thing - the Snoll Tzar was waiting for us. The CoP Squad kindly agreed to wait (again) for me to get more levels (this time with SMN) and spend the Sundays in the meantime farming for the Moblin and Snoll BCNMs.

Seeing how quickly we've been progressing lately has made me want to speed on through CoP, as I'm getting sick and tired of frantically trying to level to keep up - rushing is really spoiling the enjoyment for me! Still, once I get to L60 I can relax until the end of Chapter Six.

The last thing I did before logging for the night was retire FrostMoon. I managed to max out his Discernment before his growth stablised at Day 64, but his Receptivity only made it to Outstanding, but it was close. I plan on continuing to use him to dig with, whilst I went to Jeuno to trade Kellie's PrincessCrimson card with my FrostMoon card and hopefully breed a nice racing Chocobo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.