Thursday 29 May 2014

Kixxi the Grouch

I don't think I'd fully understood the magnitude of how long it was going to take to get my full set of Reverence +1 gear, but you know what? I'm not going to complain as it will be such an achievement when I do complete the set. Just the thought of going through three upgrades per piece! Anyway, I had all the pieces to get my Gallant Coronet to a iL119 piece, but needed the 25 Ancient Beastcoins to do it. Off I went to Apollyon.

Went to Apollyon SW and into a floor full of Fomor mobs known as Fir Bholgs. No sooner had I begun fighting the first one, pretty much the entire floor came heading my way and I had around ten on me at once, and even at L99, I was dropping into the yellow life, especially with a combination of Aegis Schism and Dancing Chains. I am embarrased to say that I even needed Invincible at one point!

It was Treants next, nice and simple, and then on the next floor Mimics! Noticed that there was a distinct lack of blue Armoury Crates compared to the northern end of Apollyon. Nevertheless, made it up to the Elementals floor and fought as many as I could before time was about to run out, then I checked the final Armoury Crate to get a bunch of Ancient Beastcoins, a White Rivet and a chip maybe. Unfortunately I only ended up with 18 Ancient Beastcoins but one more run should do it.

I then went to burn up some more Kindred Seals, and took another Atrophos Orb to Horlais Peak to fight Evil Oscar. Not sure what happened, but practically the second I hit him he began inhaling, so out of shock I began trying to run away, and as he hadn't done his second move, he began chasing me down the ramp. I then tried to reengage, but as he did his second and third inhalations I was forced to run past him and ended up getting caught in his Extremely Bad Breath and died, very frustrated. Noobed up with a rookie mistake. Was well pissed off.

I later went back, and this time was prepared for him to do it off the bat. He didn't but I think I figured it out. He always does three inhalations before readying Extremely Bad Breath. The first time he uses EBB, his inhalations are quite far apart, so you need to time the running away so that you start moving almost a second after the second inhalation. If he still coninues to follow, stop, let him hit once more, then peg it - as long as you are running away not past, you should be out of range. As the fight continues, he will reduce the time between EBBs and between each inhalation too - which is actually easier because it means as soon as you see the second inhalation, you run away!

I got another Malboro Fiber and a bunch of other things not worth much but useful for a bit of Gil. Also got a Philosopher's Stone, which I think is used in a Wings of the Goddess quest. Satisfied and not feeling annoyed at the waste of 30KS earlier, I went to go and do Horns of War, but didn't have enough seals to convert into KS. I then began converting higher seals (with the exception of the SKSs) but had to stop at 87 KS. Took years to build up all those seals and I've burned em up in a few nights LOL. Oh well, another incentive to level up my SMN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.