Thursday 15 May 2014

Apocalypse Nigh

Today was going to be the big day I did Apocalypse Nigh. OK, so it's not a big deal like it used to be, but it still represents the culmination of a long journey through Rise of the Zilart and Chains of Promathia. Before I was able to fight Kam'Lanaut and Eald'Narche, I had to climb each of the original three prommies to get key item Slivers for the quest Shadows of the Departed. Even that back in the day would have been a right hassle. Nowadays its just a time-sink, but I stoically climbed up the three prommies and obtained the Slivers. Was hoping I'd find Home Points in the Spires for future ENM use, but alas no.

Once I was able to enter the Empyreal Paradox for the fight, I chose to get rid of Kam'Lanaut first due to his regular melee attacks. I left Eald'Narche until Last as he's a mage, and there's more of a delay between his attacks. Kam'Lanaut was very straightforward and posed no problem whatsoever. Eald'Narche was a bit of a hassle, as a couple of his spells hit me for over 900 during the course of the fight (so I'd assumed I'd been hit by some sort of magic defense down, but I checked afterwards and nothing!), but I was able to defeat him relatively quickly despite him teleporting around the battlefield.

I was unable to claim my reward, as I needed to be Rank 6 in order to receive the cutscene from Aldo, so I had to quickly press on with Rank missions. I easily made my way through Rank 3 (only hassle was waiting for Muu Buxu the Silent to repop (20min?) for the second shield) and the Dragon was easy! Rank 4 was also no problem, as I had the Delkfutt's Key (now a key item) and made my way to the prison cell very quickly to rescue the San d'Orian envoy. Two more fights to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.