Wednesday 14 May 2014

L99!

I had the day off work today so I spent a few hours levelling to... L99! Yes, my first ever job to L99, but Bostaunieux Oubliette was packed so I had to find other levelling grounds. I ended up in King Ranperre's Tomb of all places, near the Vrtra spawn room, fighting worms and ghosts. I was so happy when I dinged and was able to equip my Eminent gear - felt like such an achievement, even if soloing with GoV books isn't the most glamorous way to hit the level cap!

I now had a million things I could do - Adoulin, Limbus, Dynamis, Einherjar etc. but I chose to continue with Rise of the Zilart and beat those pesky Ark Angels. Off I went to Sky and tried to navigate my way around Tu'lia (which I find a nightmare) but couldn't resist trying out my newfound strength on a Groundskeeper! Absolutely annihilated it! Tee-hee!

Getting through all the Ark Angels took longer than I had wanted because people were spamming the high level versions blocking entrance to the fights - that, and I struggled to get to all of them, but the fights were easy as pie. Once I'd done those I began the long trek to the Celestial Nexus to fight Eald'Narche, but with my Alter-Egos at my side, I made short work of anything which aggroed (yes I deliberately didn't use any Silent Oils or Prism Powders so I had an excuse to fight as a L99 hehe).

Eald'Narche was easy, and I finished him off nice and quick! I then ran about getting the final cutscenes from RotZ (never completed it first time round so this was all new) so I could begin Storms of Fate against Bahamut.

Made my way up to Riverne Site #B01 to where the Wyrmking was waiting and entered the "BC". Fighting him was pretty easy until his first Megaflare which did 700 damage, and then I thought I was in for a tough time, but oddly enough all remaining Megaflares and even the Gigaflares hardly touched me, so the fight was relatively easy. I bested him and returned to Ru'Lude Gardens to get the next cutscene.

As I had to wait another game day, I went back to Aht Urhgan and proceeded to continue with my ToAU missions. I had recently fought Lancelord Gaheel Ja and died, so I returned to the Jade Sepulcher and wiped the floor with him. No tactics needed, no highlights, just a very simple fight. I then continued with the missions and had to follow Luzaf to Periqia, where I began an Assault-style mission against a series of Lamiae.

I remembered from the last time I did this fight many years ago, these Lamiae did a poison move which chunked life down around 100HP a tick, and I got caught with it, so I did need to Cure myself quite a bit in this fight. However, killing the Lamiae wasn't difficult and I won the mission easily. I then had to wait until the next JP midnight to continue so I left it there for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.