Monday 5 May 2014

Prom Night

Massive amount of world 'technical difficulties today', which started with an R-0 in Bostaunieu Oubliette whilst levelling on Bloodsuckers. Couldn't get back in for ages so I checked the forums and eventually messages went up about it being offline.

Got back in around 1pm BST, and noticed that everyone else was logging back in too as the numbers were filling up fast. Shit thing is, my XP had reset so I'd lost half a freakin' level's worth of XP. Had also noticed that I was 40 kills off the Records of Eminence achievement of 200 kills, which I'd got just prior to DCing.

I've never, ever, in the nine years of playing FFXI known XP to be lost following a DC.

Even shitter, is that the server has just gone down again so it will probably happen once more.

Hours later, the problem was resolved and I continued with XPing on Bloodsuckers for a bit before hitting L94 and heading off to Besieged. BBK had agreed to help me out with the Zdei BCNM for CoP 8-2 so he met me in Al'Taieu as his BLU. I still couldn't get through directly to the elevator so we ran around and through the Zdei gauntlet to get in. On the way, we dispatched aggro and BBK was casting spells for over 2k damage!

The Zdei BCNM was hard, even with two of us. Well, BBK took no damage, but I still got knocked into red from the -ga III spells. We managed to do it, or rather, he did whilst I kept myself alive. A few more cutscenes and I was on Promathia's doorstep. I hadn't expected BBK to want to stay around but he wanted to come in to fight Promathia with me. If we'd have known it would have been that easy, he wouldn't have killed it so quick, LOL - we got the record of 2mins, and that was with cutscenes. Honestly, I've never seen a boss drop so quick.

It took us six attempts the first time we did this back in 2007, and I remember it being a long and challenging fight. It was a total anti-climax to CoP but I've done it before in the old days so it was just good to be in a position where I could get my Rajas Ring back, although I have to wait until JP midnight tomorrow to get it. I still managed to get Trust: Ulmia though, which was cool.

BBK disbanded and went AFK, so I went off to continue with my ToAU missions. Made it all the way to Puppet in Peril but that was as far as I got. This was always a fun fight - the one in Jade Sepulcher against Lancelord Gaheel Ja and his Wivre. It was a slow but easy fight to begin with but it started to get very hard when he used his first Flaming Angon.

I'd forgotten that Flaming Angon has a massive defence down effect, making the Wivre's hits go from 0-30 to over 100 before crits. As he got lower and lower in health, he began to spam this move and not even Invincible or Chivalry allowed me to keep up, especially with his regular Cure IVs. I got him to 9% before dying - so another fight I'm going to wait until I'm L99 for.

After that I continued with WotG, and managed to get myself partway through A Manifest Problem before noobishly noobing up outside Castle Oztroja (S) and taking more aggro than I could handle, so I Warped out and logged there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.