Friday 23 May 2014

Of Corse I Can

For some reason whilst driving home from work I decided I was going to go and do Tango with a Tracker, a BCNM with Shikaree X and Y in Boneyard Gully, so after I'd got a few unrelated cutscenes in Aht Urhgan, I headed off to Attohwa Chasm and began heading (the long way as I am a noob) to Boneyard Gully. As it was nearing night time, I decided to camp Xolotl to see if I could get the Perseus' Harpe, a dagger I'd always wanted for my THF, back in the day. Like clockwork, Xolotl popped at 20:00 so I Flashed him and began beating him up.

He was super easy, even with his 'pets' and aggro from two cutlass scorpions, but unfortunately only the Zoolater Hat dropped. I then headed over to Boneyard Gully, entered the Tango with a Tracker BCNM and proceeded to defeat the Shikarees with no problem. I then wanted to come back and do the ENM Totentanz (as Wiki entry says it is 'uncapped') for the Blau Dolch but it was L75 (guessing it had not been updated since 2010) so I left. I wasn't able to go and get the Requiem of Sin quest (as I want X's Knife - notice a theme in my wish list here?) as I had to wait for the next conquest tally, so decided to go and get the Rainbow Resonator for the Carbuncle Prime fight.

On my way down to La Theine, I remembered something about the Carbuncle Prime fight (known as Waking the Beast) being in the Full Moon Fountain, and I still don't have access to the Toraimarai Canal, because 1) I can't get through the 'three-mage door' and 2) I can't get through the door in the Eldieme Necropolis on my own to fight Lich C Magnus (which then leads to Toraimarai Turmoil to get in the back way) because it needs two people. I could ask BBK or Aka, but I feel bad troubling them with such a minor thing, especially with all the help they've given me lately.

So instead of that I stopped off at the Cavernous Maw and thought I'd have a play around in Abyssea - La Theine, as this was the first time I'd entered Abyssea since getting L99. Everything was a doddle, so I went around popping a few NMs - Pantagruel, La Thiene Liege, Trudging Thomas, Akash and Lugarhoo.

Trudging Thomas was a bit of a bitch when he started spamming Ram Charge, as he did it back to back and each time it knocked me back preventing me from doing anything. Suddenly noticed my life dropping into yellow so I had to use my temporary Lucid Potions, but other than that it was good. Got a key item from Pantagruel, but other than that, I only got Poise Shoes from Lugarhoo. Still not bad for just 'messing around'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.