Wednesday 28 May 2014

A Source of Fiber

Was only on briefly tonight but had made up my mind that I want to upgrade my original PLD AF to iL119 Reverence Armour +1. Rem's Tales are 7,500 Sparks from the RoE vendors, and I could only afford five, so, I thought I'd go the long way round and start by upgrading to AF+1 before reforging. I already had the Snowy Cermet and the White Rivet, just not the Ancient Beastcoins, but I can get those no probs. I also began preparing for the jump to Reforged Armour, so picked up a Phoenix Feather and a Gold Sheet, which weren't too pricey.

Some of the other stuff, like Damascene Cloth and Malboro Fiber were much more expensive, but heard that they dropped from KSNM30 Contaminated Colosseum. After a bit of research I found out I'd be facing Evil Oscar, a Morbol mob with Extremely Bad Breath - an instant KO move. He gives three warnings in the chat log then breathes on you. OK, sounded simple enough.

Everything was going fine, I was chunking his HP down when all of a sudden I saw in the chat log that he was inhaling, and then 'bam' he used it and I was KO'd! Where was the second and third warning? Oh wait, I'd missed it, as I hadn't paid as much attention as I thought. Noob.

I was able to Reraise up, so I rested to full and went back in, this time, eyes fixed on the chat log. This time, I saw every warning and on the second inhalation, I ran away and got the message about no targets in range, which was my cue to run back in.

Towards the end of the fight, he began spamming it, so it was often a case of one or two hits and then run, but all in all, easy enough. I beat him and got a ton of treasure, but only the Malboro Fiber from the list I needed. Still, that saved me upwards of 200k.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.