Friday 16 May 2014

Mission Quite-Possible

Still unable to get my reward for Apocalypse Nigh, I quickly continued with my Sandy missions, and soon enough I had to enter Fei'Yin to defeat Archlich Taber'Quoan to supposedly restore the seal keeping the Shadow Lord imprisoned.

Being a L50 fight this was no problem at all, especially as I was a PLD, so I turned him into Bone Chips and with the Home Point directly outside the Throne Room, was soon able to reach the Shadow Lord for the original game's final fight.

I'd summoned my three BLM Alter-Egos: Gadalar, Ajido-Marujido and Shantotto, as I seemed to remember him having a physical shield of sorts during his second form. The Shadow Lord went down so fast, it was unreal, but stayed around 1% for awhile, despite the mages unleashing hell on him. Then he could take no more and fell to my onslaught!

With Rank 6, I was able to talk to Aldo in the Tenshodo for my post-Apocalypse Nigh cutscene, and because it had been over a day since completing Apocalypse Nigh, I was able to go straight to Norg to pick up my Ethereal Earring - a lovely piece of PLD gear!!

Next up was Gessho for the continuation of my ToAU missions. Still don't quite know from the storyline why I had to fight him, but hey! Very simple fight until he split into clones and Mijin Gakure one-shotted me, even as an iL117 character! I sat staring at the screen for awhile before I accepted what had just happened, so that put an end to my ToAU missions for the day.

At that point I decided to continue with the Wings of the Goddess, and so I entered Castle Oztroja (S) for a cutscene before heading back to Fort KN (S) to do A Manifest Problem, an "Assault"-style fight against waves of cheapy Yagudo before fighting a slightly tougher NM.

This was even easier than I remembered it, and it had been easy at L75 back in the day. Most of the Yagudo died in one or two hits and the NM didn't take much more. Once I'd done that I ended up outside Windurst (S) and logged there for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.