Sunday 18 March 2007

Pop Idol

This afternoon Teila and I were determined to complete the latest instalment of ToAU so we said we’d shout for as long as it took to get the Periqia fight done. Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity, we managed to get five people for mission 31. All we needed was one more DD, and I wanted to go as six because I’d heard that the mobs’ Enpoison was lethal. I saw Usagy was nearby but he was skilling up his Guard Skill, but he said it was dead easy so we tried as a five.

Inside the map was huge, but after following the corridor ahead, we came across the Lamia, and I Carby-pulled. Unfortunately it all went horribly wrong and three came chasing after me. The BLM used ES Sleepga II but not before I was annihilated. I quickly Reraised up and carried on healing. I think I must have Blinked as next I knew we had won the fight and we were transported out of Periqia and into a cutscene.



After that we finished the latest instalment of ToAU cutscenes and began shouting for Assaults again. We did two very successful runs, although it was a bit touch and go at the start of the first fight when the BST/WAR (our “tank”) decided to melee and got hit incredibly hard and then Charmed. Of course, he was a Galka, so naturally he wanted Taru meat and came thundering after me. Even though I’d asked him to unequip his weapon, he had his big axe drawn and wiped the floor with me. A quick Reraise and a bit of rest and all was OK. I’m now very close to my Yigit Turban.

A quick dinner later and I was ready to head to Pso’Xja for another bash at Tenzen’s Path. Everyone did really well and we went through the dungeon with only one death (me!) and finally we’ve done the last of the L50 cap areas. Just one more L50 cap BCNM and I can stow away my L50 gear for good!

We then did some more cutscenes in Jeuno before hitting Lower Delkfutt’s Tower for the uncapped NM, Disaster Idol. Usagy popped it and we started fighting. This monster does moves corresponding to the element of the day, so as it was Darksday it did Bio III a lot and Sleepga II. Due to the tight corridor, it slept Akashea, and so she couldn’t wake Usagy, who got pummelled and died. We managed to finish it off and get the cutscene afterwards, but it was close. Omni nearly died too. We agreed to finish up the cutscenes in the L60 cap tower during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.