Thursday 15 March 2007

The Best Luck in the World

Yet again I find myself saying “Uncanny” at how luck can change in this game. Tonight I had nothing but success, and I owe most of it to the Linkshell.

The first thing I did when I logged in was OP Warp to the Meriphitaud Mountains and Chocobo it over to Castle Oztroja for my Rogue’s Culottes. Having had no luck yesterday, I told myself it couldn’t be much worse, and the Coffer points aren’t far apart from one another. I made it to the door with the four switches, disposed of the Yags there, and then let myself in. The Coffer was at the very first junction. I waited for the Yags to turn their backs and popped it to received the THF AF Legs. Just another 6k until I can wear them though.

After that I returned to Windurst to check on FrostMoon. His Discernment had risen to Outstanding and his Receptivity was Impressive. He was in love, so not eating as well as he should have been, but I’m pleased his mental stats aren’t far from maxed out.

I had a quick dinner then Teila told me her party had wiped for a second time. I had nothing to do for awhile before going to Uggalepih, so I offered to come to Mount Zhayolm to spot her a Raise III (I needed to do the map quest anyway), but got myself lost en route as I couldn’t see the narrow tunnel in the north wall so turned into Halvung by mistake. A quick net check showed I was literally next door to where I wanted to be, so I found her party and gave them all Raise IIIs. I felt sorry for them so I went against my principles and stuck around to PL them (yes, PLing a party of L65s LOL), as the Magmatic Erucas were only DC. They hardly dented me with Stoneskin on.

After quite a few skill-ups and after capping my Enhancing Magic, Teila and I left to team up with the others so Teila could get her Carby Mitts. I brought my spawn item too in case it was an easy fight. Luckily Jeanius brought along his tank friend, Kronus again, so Teila was relieved that she didn’t have to come RDM/NIN and came along as BRD instead for Light Carol. We made our way to the Temple of Uggalepih and waited for Akashea to complete the Tonberry hate quest in Norg. We found Wespes whilst we waited in the hope that the Death from Above spawn item might drop so someone could get their Hornetneedle. Quite expectedly, none did.

When Aka returned, we headed through the Temple to the Tonberry Priest and reset hate. We then ran back towards the Jungle and I remembered my Kazham quest, “A Question of Taste”, and asked if they minded that I pop the NM Trompe O’Leill (SP). Everyone was cool with it, so I did and we kicked its stony behind, but the Tonberries nearby took an immediate dislike to BBK and tried to kill him (as Tonberries do), but I got my Key Item: Ripped Paintng and we left.



We made our way back out onto the balcony in Yhoator Jungle and re-entered the Temple where the Toramas are. We killed the Temple Guardian and fought the NM Doll, Manipulator – to which I got the drop, a Hard Shield (no idea if it’s worth owt).

I then traded my Prelate Key to the door and we entered the hard part of the Temple. Everywhere we looked there was either Sight or Magic Aggro and we had to pretty much clear our way through, calling for help on nearly every Tonberry that we fought so as not to raise our hate levels.



Eventually we arrived at the High Priests’ chambers and cleared the room. Teila buffed us with Light Carol and she popped Crimson-Toothed Pawberry. He opened immediately with Searing Light, but we hardly took damage. He did it several more times throughout the battle but no one was in any real danger. She killed it and got her Carbuncle Mitts. A Light Spirit Pact didn’t drop though.



After that we had to wait for the fifteen minute respawn of the ??? BBK kept edging me to pop the NM (which I wanted to) but we couldn’t. We also had to clear the room again, and the first Tonberry Pursuer we killed dropped an ultra rare Flickering Lantern used to pop Sozu Rogberry for the Thief’s’ Knife! I told everyone to cast lots, but they all passed and I ended up with it! I couldn’t believe it.

When the ??? repopped I spawned Crimson-Toothed Pawberry and we fought it again only this time Searing Light hurt us much more and he did it several times. BBK was one-shotted by the last one, but took it well and we gave him a Raise III. I got my Carbuncle Mitts thanks to the Linkshell and Kronus! Again, no Light Spirit Pact dropped.



Wanting to return help, I asked the others what they needed that I could help them with. BBK wanted the Moldavite Earring so I said I’d help him another day, and Jeanius and Kronus both said they wanted Flickering Lanterns too. They could have cast lots with me, so I felt bad.

We then wandered the High Priests’ passageways clearing the Magic Aggro then pulling the Tonberry Pursuers every which way we could, but it was so hard not to get links. I knew this was a hopeless task and that the first Lantern was a miracle as we were fighting them too infrequently with too much hassle in between. By midnight we had found quite a few, but I could tell BBK was nodding off (as was I to be honest) and we called it a day.

Thank you to everyone who came!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.