Friday 16 March 2007

On the Level

Teila was most excited that she had seen an unclaimed Jormugund roaming around Uleguerand Range so frantically took pictures of it before getting her ass whooped. She had been trying to get the map but couldn’t get past it to reach the slope where the cave was. Eventually she managed to do it. Fancy a true-sight and true-sneak NM hanging around a bottleneck passage!

Anyway, one of the greatest miracles known to Thieves occurred tonight. I had been playing FFXII for some time with my flag up when I received an invite by a RDM named Boren (who was really nice) to a Wajaom Woodlands party. Everyone was really nice, and I felt quite comfortable playing with them. The best thing was that they knew how to SATA. They actually stood still! We absolutely raked through the Lesser Colibri and I hit a record SATAVB of 786 damage (still can’t break through the 800 barrier – losing too much DEX and AGI to other gear). The miracle was that I received two levels in the evening which is quite a lot in the mid to late fifties. I managed to get L57 – ready to use the Scorpion Harness!

Midway through we had a little line-up change and the NIN and BLM were replaced by a NIN and BRD who came as a pair. They were very friendly but the NIN had a bad habit of moving whenever I used SATA. In the end it worked out OK. We had a SAM Taru who seemed to be doing endless Weapon Skills and added to my double damage bonus against Avian creatures it wasn’t a surprise that we killed so quick. How can anyone want to go back to partying in Cape Terrigan when you have the Wajaom Woodlands and the Bhaflau Thickets outside your door?



Only problem is, the BRD ended up pulling so that I could remain fighting whilst another one was brought in, merit style, so I stopped getting vital skill-ups to my Marksmanship. I need to take some time to skill it up as it is as it’s quite under-levelled. But I couldn’t have been happier to have received two levels on my THF. L60 seems closer and closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.