Saturday 10 March 2007

Mamool Ja Ja Stinks

I was up early this morning to get some chores done, but was back around lunchtime to get some good gaming done too. Teila and I logged in and went to Xarcabard to get her Hecatomb Wave for her BLU and to get her to L56, so I came along as THF. I still had my ring active, so we raked through the monsters at 40XP a pop (I would have got around 50-60 if Yawawa hadn't been out) and made a couple of k XP. Teila made around 3k as she didn't have her NPC out.



When we had learned the move, we headed back to Whitegate to participate in our first L7 Besieged. The Mamools were just advancing when we arrived and the zone was filling up fast. As usual I was unable to hit anything, even with the new Temporary Items that had been added, but as I'd figured that just trying your best was all you needed to do to get full XP anyway, I waded in, daggers blazing.

Everything was fine until the Hussars came in - the Mamool riding on Wivres, huge beasts that packed a punch. These Hussars used Blazing Angon - a ranged AoE fire attack that was like a cannon. There were huge explosions everywhere and people were dying all over the place. I died around five times, but still ended up with over 1k XP at the end.

Afterwards, I needed a Coffer Key for Castle Oztroja for my THF AF Legs, so Teila and I headed on over and up to the top floor. We had always hated that place, but since we'd become so used to duoing together, we found it very easy this time and slaughtered our way through the Yagudo. Unfortunately, SE must have been watching, and it took us just under three hours of endless fighting to get a Coffer Key to drop, and I also got my second Merit Point. With a cold coming on, I logged for a break.



Later tonight, I logged back in to put together a party for ToAU mission 29, Puppet in Peril in the Jade Sepulcher. I was quite excited as I love the ToAU storyline and hadn't had too much of a problem putting parties together for ToAU, unlike CoP. A party was already at two, and Teila and me both wrote to the guy asking in, but by the time we had written he was at five, and needed a WHM. I wasn't gonna go without Teila, so we had to shout in tandem with him, which was lame, but had to be done. It took us a while, but we made one, and we were only at five, as we couldn't get a tank. One of our party members who had done it before said we didn't need one as there was no hate control in it - the NM picked his targets!

The BCNM was awesome as I had expected. We found Aphmau's Automaton in the clutches of the Mamool Ja, and had to fight Lancelord Gaheel Ja only to watch as... nah, I won't say anymore! We won very easily and came back to Whitegate to carry on, but didn't know quite where to go next, so we left it for tomorrow.



I was thinking of logging out, but Teila had noticed a guy had been shouting for his BRD AF for hours and no one was helping him. Knowing how hard it was, she offered to help and dragged me along. The guy was a little inexperienced and didn't make it clear he had the Vazhl crystal at the start, so we Teleported to Holla and rode to the Rangemont Pass, went out into the Glacier and down into Batallia Downs and into the secret area of The Eldieme Necropolis only to find, as usual, he hadn't done all he needed to do.

I was gonna log, but he was so apologetic that I agreed to stay. I took him back to Jeuno, then came all the way back and we finally popped his NMs, two Skeleton Guardians and some Mummy-sounding Skeleton. With difficulty, the three of us did it, and I logged out straight away, having nearly fallen asleep. He was ever so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.