Monday 5 February 2007

Silly Old Bugard

Today was a busy day! Logged in at 4pm when I got home and headed straight back to Tavnazia with Teila to try to get a BLU spell from Bugards. I kept getting hate, so as they were so weak, the majority of their moves hit me and were resisted. We decided to move on to Gigantobugards, and these hit hard even against me at L75, but the move Teila needed was done more frequently. We were about to quit when finally she learned Awful Eye.

We then headed to Bibiki Bay to fight Efts for Geist Wall, but it was a very infrequent move and we didn't get time to learn it before the Manaclipper for Purgonorgo Isle arrived. Typically though, just before the Manaclipper turned up, an NM called Intulo popped and I couldn't resist but take it on!



We pulled it onto the Manaclipper but it departed before we were able to kill it, sadly. I looked up what it drops, and as well as the Curaga Earring (very useful for PLDs), it drops the Magic Slacks, which, according to the net, are worth around 1mil. Granted it is supposedly a horrific drop rate, but it's Sod's Law that the one time I have the opportunity to pull an NM that drops something like that without competition is the one time I have to get the Manaclipper…

There are few places in FFXI that get me saying "Wow" every time I visit them, but Purgonorgo Isle is one of those few. It's always deserted, which adds to the whole 'mysterious desert island' feel, much like the island from TV's Lost.

Teila needed Venom Shell from Urganites, and Blank Gaze from Opo-Opos, and fortunately the Coralline Urganites spam Venom Shell, so she learnt it after only pulling a couple.

We didn't manage to get Blank Gaze, as we had to return to Whitegate to meet Akashea for Assault, but Teila managed to get one of her final CoP cutscenes from the ??? Warmachine to the south of the island.



Assault began badly. The first time I put the party together, I put us with a DRK and two BLMs (Teila included) and a PLD tank, thinking "oh yeah, BLMs are awesome DD and do lots of damage on Crabs" but Teila insisted that this wasn't going to work, and Akashea didn't sound too sure either. We spent almost twenty minutes on the Crab rooms and ended up failing the mission before we'd even finished killing the Doomed. After that, I split the party to reform.

The second time was much better. We had a NIN tank, a DRK, and a WAR up front, and this went very smoothly, finishing with five minutes left on the clock. I won a Hi-Ether Tank, and the ??? Sword turned out to be a Gust Claymore, but I can't remember who won it.

I then muled and went AFK for an hour, but at 11pm the three of us decided to use up our last Imperial Army ID Tag and went for a third time. Similar results to the second time, but Excaliace was proving an absolute nightmare to control. We finished with around four minutes on the clock and our NIN tank won the ??? Box, which turned out to contain an Igneous Rock.

Before I went to bed I checked on FrostMoon, and any day now he'll grow into an adolescent so I'll have some indication of what colour he might be. As of today there was still no change to his stats, but he’s been permanently at top affection even with minimal watching. I walked him a further three times, and he found me a Goblin Mask! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.