Tuesday 6 February 2007

Bye Bye Bassmundo

Tonight was rather depressing, to say the least.

First off, one of the Linkshell’s oldest members, Bassmundo, finally quit the game for good, having completed pretty much everything. He logged in to say his goodbyes and then handed over his account to a good mate. He’s helped me a lot since I first started playing, and I’ve never really been able to help him out back, which is a shame.



Round about the same time as Bass was saying goodbye, BBK wrote to me about dying in Bibiki Bay. The poor dude has been trying to claw his way to L60 since about the time the Mongols invades China, but to no joy. Kitty too, has been struggling to get invites ever since he hit the late 40s, because no parties will accept a WAR/MNK at that level despite the fact that WAR/NIN doesn’t really begin to shine until post L50.

I too, had my only real “free” night, last night, and sat in Jeuno seeking for, literally, three hours, whilst I watched several episodes of the X-Files. People often say to me, “start your own parties”, but those people are always lucky NA who have the luxury of more than four players seeking in your level range. I have not been able to start a party in many, many months.

Teila had two parties as BLU yesterday, but both were tankless, and both were disasters. In the latter one, she had two wipes, four deaths an accidental Teleport-Dem, and all this before the party had even pulled a single monster. At the start of the WHM’s fifth death, she left.

So it seems all round, the linkshell had a crappy day. What is the answer to our problems?

Well, level either NIN or WAR, by the sound of things. Let’s all be sell-outs and join the millions of others who are levelling these two jobs as no one else gets invites, oh, except maybe BRD and RDM. Bitter am I? Correct, says me.^^

Lastly, before I logged out, I checked up on FrostMoon. Apparently I had taken such good care of him that he was extra-responsive to anything I gave him. I shoved a few Zegham Carrots in his beak and logged out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.