Monday 12 February 2007

No Holds Bard

Again I was busy after work, so I had barely logged in when Teila called me to Whitegate so that we could start the Assaults in Periqia again. I was swamped with /tells the moment I shouted and we had a full party within seconds.



Three Assaults, back to back, three excellent runs, each one with ten minutes still on the clock. We got very lucky with the first one, as Excaliace didn’t run into any of the Crab rooms! That was great because the Arrapago Crabs take so long to kill because of their hard shells, but we've noticed such a big difference since Teila started coming as a BRD. Able to keep Aka Refreshed (great in a timed environment) and adding around 150 to each of the melees' attack, it's much more useful in this Assault than a BLM. Now don't flame me, but this Assault just doesn't have room for much in the way of MP. The Leujaoam Cleansing Assault, on the other hand, is where a BLM shines!

We finished up with Aka and me on approximately 9800 AP but Teila, due to winning a couple of Assault bonus Armbands, was on a rounded 10k AP. So in effect, as of tonight, we’re halfway to winning our first Rare/Ex gear. Admittedly, if we could unlock Private First Class and beyond, we’d have so many more options, but we really are restricted in what two WHMs can do, until I get another job post L70.

After the Assaults, I grabbed some dinner and stuck my flag up in Kazham as a WAR. It was my own fault for thinking I could get a party whenever I wanted, as I was seeking for around forty-five minutes to no joy. In fact, another WAR around my level who had been seeking before me, gave up, and headed back to Jeuno. At nearly 11pm I logged to watch X-Files, a little bothered by the fact I couldn’t get a party as a WAR/NIN, something I had believed to be a hit.

Argh, I forgot to feed FrostMoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.