Monday 26 February 2007

A Private Promotion

I had heard that you could only receive a promotion in Assault for either completing all the Assaults for your rank or by purchasing a 20k item, but without doing either, I received the Promotion – Private First Class quest from Naja Salaheem. She wanted an Imp Wing, but I forgot to get it for her. I guess that you can now also receive a promotion after doing a certain number of Assaults? Who knows, but it’s a good thing as there are some awesome PFC Assaults, including the fight with Lamia No. 13.

We had three successful runs at Periqia, need I say more? A THF called Salcabba had some incredible dice rolls and also found us the amazing Rare/Ex Gloves: Storm Manopolas which has DEF 16, Evasion +6 and Enmity +3 on it. Akashea won the lot, so I hope she starts levelling her NIN!^^

It was quite late when we finished, but Hala needed help fighting her Rank 3 Dragon, so Aka, Jeanius and I agreed. To my horror I then found out it was in Horlais Peak, the furthest of the three BCNM choices away from anywhere. I had to Teleport to Holla, take a Chocobo to San d’Oria, change to PLD, then run through West Ronfaure, Ghelspa Outpost, through the Yughott Grotto, out into Fort Ghelspa, and then back into the Yughott Grotto before reaching the BCNM. It took me forty-five minutes.

It was at this point I noticed Jeanius was still in Port Jeuno so Aka and I asked a couple of times if he was still coming, but no response. Hala wanted to go in with just the three of us, but I wasn’t confident a WHM, BLM and PLD could do it. Eventually, Jeanius came back saying that his kid was upset, which was, well, fair enough, but it was really late and I had wanted to level THF. By the time it took the Airship to arrive, and then for him to get to San d’Oria and run the Marathon to Horlais Peak, it had been two hours since we had all agreed to do this.



We gave the Dragon a beating it wouldn’t forget in a hurry and Hala got her Rank 3. I was so tired at this point, so Akashea D2’d me and I logged out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.