Thursday 11 January 2007

Having a Blast

Teila had been busy the last two nights with her CoP static, and tonight she was preparing to fight Tenzen and get access to Al’Taieu, or Sea as it is more commonly known. I didn’t have much to do tonight, and when I found out that Akashea was doing Zilart 6 it really prompted me that I should do this to understand more of the CoP story. I suggested to BBK and the linkshell to do the Rank 5.1 and 5.2 fights but no one was up for it so I went off to Ifrit’s Cauldron to solo some bombs.



This was my first attempt at doing this alone, but having seen Teila do it, we’d agreed on a strategy. Simply set Ifrit on the bomb and run until Ifrit’s life bar vanishes from the screen. Once this happens, run some more then stop. Once Ifrit dies, summon him again and keep running. He’ll automatically reengage without you having to do anything. If you use Assault or a Blood Pact, this will put hate on you, so don’t do anything but resummon. At some point, you’ll need to turn around and run back down the passage past the bomb. Now you can’t wait for Ifrit to try to get a few hits in, because if you run past the bomb before Ifrit hits (he misses a lot due to the level difference), the bomb will turn on you. And if you wait too long, you won’t have enough distance between you and the bomb to resummon safely. So best thing to do is resummon Ifrit and run past him the moment he meets with the bomb. This seems to stop you getting the hate. Weird I know, but it works. Anyway, with only one death from a lame attempt to summon too close to the bomb, I made over 300xp per kill very quickly. I think I’m going to do this instead of seeking for a while now!

Akashea got Zilart 6 and 7 done with Teila, so congrats, and Teila defeated Tenzen and entered the final chapter of CoP, so that’s nearly the whole game finished for her. I’m all prepared for the CoP run on Sunday night, and I think we should do a dry run first this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.