Sunday 21 January 2007

Bibiki Baywatch

I had planned today to wrap up lots of quests I’d begun but never finished, like cheapy ones in Bastok (like trading over a Wild Onion or something) but instead ended up going to Purgonorgo Isle via the Manaclipper in Bibiki Bay. I had a Windurst quest active called “One Good Deed” which involved finding a ??? on Purgonorgo Isle. When I touched it, I was told that I had sprung a trap and six NM Mandragora (Peerifools) jumped down off a rock (quite cute really) and started attacking me. I summoned Yawawa and we began mowing them down and afterwards an Orcish Warmachine came along and handed me the deed to the island. What a boring, ordinary world we live in.

I returned to Windurst to be told that I needed to hand over the deed to a Mithran Tracker in Attohwa Chasm, so instead I teamed up with Kellie to check out Kamp Kweh, but couldn’t get in as I’d retired SilverStar.



After that I headed over to Jeuno to activate my SMN AF Gloves quest, “Borghertz’ Calling Hands” and then went over to the Sea Serpent Grotto to see if I could get a Coffer Key to drop. Unfortunately, Yawawa AoE’d the Sahagin and we both ran out of MP so she died. I needed a new Tactics Pearl at this point so was unable to summon her back out. It took me forever to kill each one after that and for the second time running, no Coffer Key dropped. Teila offered to come help me out but she was stuck in Qufim Island as a BLU with Undead roaming around, so I warped back to Whitegate.

We decided to give Diabolos another go, but after 45m of shouting we didn’t even get one offer, so I guess our reputation has finally scared everyone away for good. Instead we logged out for a while.

At 8.30pm the CoP Squad set out for the Sacrarium to farm the three keys for the mission. I’ve posted the details of the run on page seven of the Chains of Promathia Static thread, but on the whole it was a success, except that we couldn’t quite finish off Keremet for the final key. I wasn’t expecting it to be easy, but I also wasn’t expecting it to be that hard either. I felt sorry for Akashea who died around five or six times – partly my fault as I shouldn’t have asked BBK to Raise her mid fight, it’s just that when she was hit with Quake, I assumed it was just a stray shot and I didn’t think we’d run out of resources and die. Technically, we were just testing the water, and it was a good thing as next time we know to come back with meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.