Tuesday 13 July 2010

The Sun Only Shines When it Pours

Tonight I managed to finish the ASA mission, Shantotto in Chains, and rescue her from her Ro'Maeve prison.

We just had the Steely Weapon and the Fired Urn to beat, so met up at the Outpost in the Sanctuary of Zitah. Funnily enough it was raining, so I thought I'd check the Noble Mold spawn location and lo and behold, he was up! Unfortunately, I was COR, with a Fire Staff and no ammunition (Teila was bringing it in return for making me use my COR (which I don't play anymore)), so I couldn't claim him! I had to wait ages for Teila and Sirdante to finish muling and hope no one else came along to grab him.



It was a very easy fight, and to my sheer delight, the Rain Hat dropped. Teila didn't want it so it was down to Sirdante and me to roll, and I won!!! It was one of those items I never thought I'd get my mitts on but it actually happened. I tried it on and it resembles the Austere Hat, but less patchy. Will sit nicely on my RDM, SCH, BRD or BST if I ever level them.

After that it was straight into Ro'Maeve and we started on the Steely Weapon. I was the only one who could damage it as neither Teila nor Sirdante had a ranged job levelled. Teila was BLU and Sirdante was a RDM, and both kept me healed up whilst I pumelled it for over 100 a pop. To my horror though, after a few minutes it depopped! Seems there was a timer on it!

The second time I pulled it, I used Slug Shot, 2hr'd for 300 TP and used Slug Shot again to reduce it to low health and managed to beat it but the Key Item didn't drop. This continued for a few more kills until we gave up to try the Fired Urn.

This one could only take damage from slashing weapons, so Teila's BLU was perfect for the job.



We annihilated around three of these, but they were deadly, using powerful Black Magic, and my Light Shot wouldn't land (as a substitute for Stun) so we had to rely on Sirdante's reflexes to keep Teila healed whenever she wasn't able to land a Head Butt because of using another spell.

We then moved back to the Steely Weapons but after a couple more attempts I was down to six Corsair's Bullets. Teila shouted for help, and a really friendly PUP called Mskala said if Sirdante would raise her, she'd happily help with her Ranger Automaton.

We Raised her and she joined us. Teila leant me her Adder Jambiya so I could TP, and we went to get TP on the Cursed Puppets nearby before returning to the Steely Weapons. I can safely say I'd seriously underestimated PUPs! Armour Piercer, one of their TP moves, took off around 80-90% life!!!

Three kills later and the final Key Item was ours, so we were able to rescue Shantotto! What a hassle though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.