Sunday 18 July 2010

Bell Bottom Blues

This morning it was back to Riverne, only this time Site #A01, as I wanted to do The Search for Goldmane and Confessions of a Bellmaker.

I got all the way to the Trunk for Goldmane, but I had forgotten to pick up a cutscene back in the Safehold so I had to use my Tavnazian Ring and start again! I got back and this time got the correct cutscene and opened the Trunk for my Key Item.



I then headed further in and checked the Carmine Dobsonfly island, but of course, no sign, but it was being camped by someone! I then went right to the far side of Riverne Site #A01 and found the Bell for the Bellmaker quest. I'd never been that far in, and seeing the Bell on the island you couldn't reach was quite a nice touch.

I got the cutscene but then continued on with the Goldmane quest. Eventually the quest led me to Purgonorgo Isle where I popped Rohemolipaud from the Weathered Boat on the beach. It was the second time I'd ever fought him, and I actually found him tougher this time, as his Eagle Eye Shot took off a lot of my HP.



Later on, the LS decided to put together a low-man party for Abyssea, and I was keen to try it out so I volunteered my daggers. We had no tank and our only healer was a RDM (I'm not a fan of RDM healers - it's not what they're there for) but with a little difficulty we managed to kill the Limures with just the four of us.



All of a sudden it went horribly wrong. The alien creatures, who were previously passive and didn't link, suddenlly decided to link and we were all annihilated. I kid you not, these things did not aggro or link to begin with. Perhaps they have some kind of hate mechanism similar to Fomor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.