Wednesday 14 July 2010

Mountain RNG

I asked what job Anuka would like to unlock next and she chose Ranger, the first FFXI job she had wanted to unlock. She knew it was going to be expensive but insisted that it wouldn't stop her from trying it, which is the attitude to take, IMO.



On the way to the Sauromugue Champaign (where Old Sabertooth lurks), we saw Chonchon, which drops the Headlong Belt, so I dismounted and claimed it, purely to give the Belt to Anuka to either sell or store for the future.

I was surprised how tough he was for a L40+ NM: each hit knocked me for something between 70-90, but I was unbuffed on my Chocobo as a WHM/SMN. I Flashed and used Stoneskin, before putting up Protectra V and after that it wasn't a difficult fight, but didn't drop as quick as I thought it would. We didn't get the Belt either!



After that we ran into Old Sabertooth's cave and watched the ancient Tiger die, before returning to Windurst Woods to unlock her RNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.