Friday 16 July 2010

On Soboro'd Time

Anuka was dead tired tonight so she went to bed relatively early, leaving me (wide awake!) to mess around on FFXI tonight. I wanted to explore some of the CoP areas, so I picked Riverne Site #B01 and thought I'd just see if I could pop the Soboro NM, Unstable Cluster.

Somewhat conveniently, I accidentally went through the wrong Spatial Displacement and ended up in front of the Go! Go! Gobmuffin! NMs: three agressive Moblins.



The BLM one used Ancient Magic on me, which wasn't pleasant, so I decided to take him out first. After that it was very easy, and they went down quite quickly.

I then found my way to where the Nitro Clusters were and picked up a Key Item: Rivenwort whilst I was there (for the Miratete's Memoirs). I had forgotten that the Clusters were much easier than single Bomb mobs, and of the four or five I had to farm, none of them used Self-Destruct. In fact, the only difficulty I had was farming the Giant Scales from the Wyverns (simply because it was an inconvenience).

When I got to the cave where the Unstable Displacement lurked, there was a Mithra BLU fighting it already, so I waited patiently for 15 minutes until the ??? popped again. I traded my Clustered Tar (from the Nitro Clusters) to the ??? and solo'd the Unstable Cluster.



It was rather easy, except for when it used Self-Destruct, which took off around 500HP!! fortunately it only did it once, but I'd read that it could do it three times!! I used Bloody Bolts to get myself back up and all was good. I killed him and got my Soboro Sukehiro!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.