Friday 11 April 2014

A Warrior's Farce

With my recent blitz through Chains of Promathia, now that you can bring Trust NPCs into all CoP battlefields, I defeated the three pre-Tenzen NMs (Dalham, Bogglemann and the Cryptonberry Assassin(s)) and then stepped boldly into the final fight before Al'Taieu access, "A Warrior's Path". Like the Snoll Tzar, I decided to go for as much damage as possible, so picked Ajido-Marujido, Zazarg and Tenzen himself. I stepped into the fray, and took the hate. It was all going fine until the little Tarus started casting -ga III spells and Tenzen's weaponskills started to eat into me faster than I could cure myself.

I was very close to winning, but was finished off with an Oisoya (bow weaponskill), doing almost 1k damage! I did a bit more research into this and thought that maybe if I brought in Mihli for some healing and some fighting I'd be OK, but I fared even worse this time - just not enough damage with a tank, healer and two melee. Again I was beaten down with an Oisoya. One final attempt, same setup and I gave up (might try to unlock Shantotto), to go and farm my Speed Belt. I started off in the Aqueducts, mowing my way through everything, and even ran into Eba again (still no drop). I fought more Taurus' than I could count but no Fomor Codex. I did, however, bump into Tres Duendes again (I always find this guy), and decided to fight him seeing as I still needed his Vampiric Claws.

Not a single drop this time, so went off to continue farming. After awhile I got bored of the Aqueducts and moved to the Sacrarium. Managed to pick up a couple more subligaria (although these days the gear for Brygid the Stylist Returns seems to be non existant) and got my hate up to the required level so I could spawn Lobais. Unfortunately, I underestimated the rarity of Taurus mobs here, and with a PUP soloing the spiders, we were competing somewhat, as he was killing them when they popped on occasion. I did manage to get two chest keys and an ingot for one of the gobbiebag quests, but didn't get the Codex in the end.

Following that, I went to Norg to see if I could get some NIN scroll quests and low and behold I could get all of them! I instantly went to do the Utsusemi and Tonko ones (and did Glyryvilu for the Light Buckler), and couldn't resist starting my NIN. I hit South Gusta, activated a conflict record of eminence, picked up a book, used my Empress Band, summoned my Trust NPCs, and burned through levels 1-12 in no time! I also learned that I had to resummon my NPCs once I'd levelled as they don't automatically level with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.