Saturday 10 May 2008

The Emperor's New Clothes

Having not played since Wednesday today was a Campaign blitz, but even then I didn’t get on until the early evening due to other commitments. The weather in England at the moment is stiflingly hot and the heat in the room where my PC sits makes playing for extended periods uncomfortable.

I made around 11k in Campaign, but BBK, without my asking him, or without any kind of prompting, took off to Valkurm Dunes to camp the Valkurm Emperor, which, as many of you probably know, drops the famous Empress Hairpin, a Rare/Ex version of the Emperor Hairpin.

In the “old days”, prior to the implementation of SE’s Special Task Force Unit (STFU) which were set up to tackle RMT issues, most NMs dropped sellable items such as Argus and his Peacock Charm, Lord of Onzozo and the Kraken Club etc. Valkurm Emperor was no exception and he only dropped the quite-sellable Emperor Hairpin. During those times, the Emperor was so heavily camped that no one could get a look in, and as a result I had to farm 3.5mil Gil to pay for mine (but it was easier to make money in those days too as due to the inflation, you could farm anything and sell it for decent Gil.

Anyway, since the STFU got involved, SE have made it so many of these NMs now drop Rare/Ex versions of these items, which means Gilsellers cannot profit from them. Argus now drops the Peacock Amulet, Lord of Onzozo now drops the Octave Club, and Valkurm Emperor now drops the Empress Hairpin. As I am approaching L73, when I can equip the Dragon head piece, I was tempted to sell my Emperor Hairpin to make some money, and BBK reminded me that with the Empress Hairpin being a Rank 4 prize in the new lottery, the price of the Emperor Hairpin will plummet, so best to sell it now.

He was there for around an hour, or maybe an hour and a half when I couldn’t take it anymore. I was so unfair that he camped a Hairpin for me whilst I gained XP in Campaign so I left and went to the Dunes to meet him, making sure I brought my Thief’s Knife to improve the drop rate. Within five minutes of me being there the Valkurm Emperor popped and BBK got the claim. I ran over and joined in, and we annihilated it in seconds, getting the drop first time! That makes 1/1 on Leaping Lizzie and now 1/1 on Valkurm Emperor.

So now I have a nice new piece of Rare/Ex head gear that I can macro in for my Evasion build or use for lower level jobs, and I won’t (or rather can’t) be tempted to sell it!

Thanks mate!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.