Tuesday 22 April 2008

Quick Quips

Did a few Campaigns tonight but they were pretty poor and I ended up dead more than alive I think. In the end I just got fidgety so we went to Sauromugue Champaign (S) and then up to the watchtowers where the Tough Yagudo were.

These Yagudo drop a 108-Knot Quipu, a Rare/Ex item normally used for the Garrison event, but these particular ones were required for Windy (S) mission 3 (just like mission 2 had several quests in order to move on to 3, 3 has the same, I am sure of it; the plot is too continuous (although there is no mission 4 yet)), so we carefully pulled them one after the other from the watchtowers.

It soon became apparent that their respawn time was very quick, with the previous one respawning straight after we’d defeated the last one. This was a blessing rather than a curse as we were chaining them for half-decent XP and we made a couple of K or so before the Quipu dropped.

I then went over to the door to Jeuno (from Sauromugue Champaign (S)) and traded the item to advance the story, which then prompted me to go to Southern San d’Oria to continue. One thing I’ve noticed with WotG mission cutscenes is that they’re really idiot-proof. I’ve always said that RotZ and CoP cutscenes were really cryptic in what to do next sometimes, but these are different in that if you, say, click the Jeuno door a second time, it will repeat the cutscene in the form of a brief summary.

So naturally I trundled off to Southern San d’Oria and upon entering the city I received another cutscene advancing the story (again leading me to believe these have to relate to the missions, as this has been the same story since the start) but I didn’t progress any further. Instead I returned to Windurst Waters (S) and did a couple more Campaigns (which were still bad) before giving up and logging out for the night.

I did, however, receive a Platinum Beastcoin in Southern San d'Oria (S) for my efforts, a new type of Beastcoin supposedly worth more than Gold. I will have to see how much it is worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.