Sunday 8 April 2012

CoP a Load of That!

Started off today with a bit of levelling in Eastern Altepa Desert but soon decided to break up the grind and start Chains of Promathia. We'd already got the initial cutscenes, so just needed to do the Prommies (although I got Dem last year). I went in as PLD and Chinchii as SAM, and although we got to the top of each one without event (and not a single dud teleporter), the Dem boss proved to be a problem as it spammed Trinary Absorption for over 200 damage a pop. I died but Chinchii managed to finish it off. Mea and Holla were easy but between us we did spend a small fortune on meds. Not bad for a duo in their 40s and 50s.
We got a bit cocky after that so decided to go into Phomiuna Aqueducts to defeat the minotaurs with only four Silent Oils between us. The Taurus' aggroed at our level so we had to run behind them or fight our way past, which was fun, but I managed to turn each time they did Mortal Ray. The Minotaur itself was a walkover, but I forgot how far away it aggroes from and it pulled us in before we were prepared.
After that we went back through the tunnels to try to farm a key for the gate to get up to the library where the end of the mission cutscene awaits. It took quite a while to farm it from the Fomor near where Tres Duendes lurks (who was up but we were too low to kill it). From last time I played, I did not remember Fomor being in parties in the same room as Tres Duendes! So I pulled a party and had to run round the tunnels in circles until they gave up, only to end up snagging a Doomed mob as well. Finally we got the key and made our way upstairs, using our last Silent Oils to get past the final Fomor. I remembered the secret switch puzzle (with the corresponding elements) and was pretty impressed with myself for being able to do that in a duo with minimal meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.