Friday 13 April 2012

Eh-Up, AF!

Teila and Cheekee very kindly offered to help get a few pieces of PLD AF with me this evening. I had never bothered getting the Honour Sword from Ordelle's Caves, so I had to go and do the fight against Polevik before I could get the proper AF armour quests. I met outside Ordelle's Caves and quickly found the pop location. This is a L42 weapon but Polevik still hit me for over 100 damage as a PLD, so it's no wonder that the Wiki recommends soloing at L65+. But seriously, is that a realistic fight for an AF weapon? Got the kill easily (well, Teila is L99) and headed back to Sandy to collect my Honour Sword from Alibeche.
After the necessary cutscenes for the L52 boots, I met with Cheekee and we headed off to Crawlers' Nest to pop the NM Dreadbug for the Giant Shell Bugs. These can be bought from the AH for 4k a piece but there were none in stock so we had to fight for them. Took ages to find the ??? to pop him (it always seemed to be on the other side of a wall) but eventually we found it and killed the poor critter rather quickly.
Then it was back to Sandy and on to Castle Oztroja to fish up the Odontotyrannus from the Castle's reservoirs. I was nervous as I'd never fished properly before and read about line breaks etc. but it wasn't so bad. Just had to wait for the fish' energy to go down then hit return. So up popped the fish and this thing hit hard too, over 100 a pop, which seemed a bit more realistic than Polevik!
Anyway, got the drop and returned to Sandy, but it was getting late so decided to log there for the night and carry on another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.