Monday 21 May 2012

Six Years, SIX LONG YEARS!

Scored a huge victory today!

Six years ago I went to fight Diabolos Prime for my SMN and I failed 25 times (Teila won on the 26th go, when I was sulking and couldn't be bothered to go back). Today I beat the bastard.

Chinchii and I began by farming coloured chips for CoP (realised today I only needed one rather than three - was getting mixed up with the quest for the CCB Polymer Pumps), but met with Cheekee to speed things up due to her TH. Sirdante had already got hers, so we returned to Jeuno to get our Pso'Xja Passes.

Chinchii and I still don't have the Beaucedine Glacier Outpost Warps, so we went back to Xarcabard and ran down again, and met with Sirdante. We ran through the coloured portals to face the L40 version of Diabolos for CoP. He was pretty easy, but used Nightmare whilst I was curing someone so I sat out most of the fight. We killed him pretty quickly, but both Chinchii and I lost a lot of HP to that one Nightmare.
I wasn't about to let it stop there, so I asked the others if they wanted Diabolos Prime. I knew Sirdante didn't have him and I knew that Cheekee didn't have him (seeing as that was the old Kixxi who lost 25 times), so obtaining Diabolos Prime would have been an achievement for all. We therefore completed the CoP mission, pegged it over to Windurst (gotta love Explorer Moogles) and picked up the Prime quest from Kerutoto.

A short while later, we were back in Pso'Xja for the Prime fight. I used to get so nervous doing this one, and even now I could feel my palms start to sweat. We went in and I buffed up, and Sirdante opened with Hundred Fists, followed by Chinchii with Meikyo Shisui. I was on Nightmare watch, so hit him hard with a Shield Bash when it came up. I stunned him easily, but within seconds he did a second Nightmare, the bugger (two Nightmares close together was always what got us back in the day).

I tabbed on him and noticed that he was on very little life, but we just wouldn't wake up. Eventually Nightmare wore off and I began curing up Sirdante, our biggest DD. Chinchii dropped unfortunately, but a second later, Diabolos was down. It was then I noticed Cheekee was also dead, and Sirdante on half life. So even with two L99s in the party, it's still close!

Raises were given and we returned to Windurst victorious! I don't know many other games which can take you six years to beat something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.