Friday 11 May 2012

A Knight to Remember

Today Cheekee, Teila and Sirdante agreed to help with my remaining AF pieces, which sat in Garlaige and Eldieme. We met in Garlaige and dropped down to where Serket used to be, and headed to the doughnut room, where fortunately, they'd still got Coffer mobs. I noticed there were no skellies there anymore, but Wraiths instead. We began pulling those and with Cheekee and Sirdante at L99, we mowed them down. In seconds, however, Serket popped!
At first Cheekee warned us away, but I reminded her that I'd trio'd this with Seshamaru and Neve back when I was on Phoenix and that was when the cap was L75. With those guys on L99, it would be child's play. Having never fought Serket before, they were keen to get stuck in. It was a surprisingly short fight, given that Serket was an old 18-man alliance HNM. The Serket Ring didn't drop, but the Venomous Claw, Reraiser, Vile Elixir and Vile Elixir +1 dropped, which was a good 30k or so in total, maybe more. There was a time when the Venomous Claw was several million! Remember the days of inflation caused by the Gilsellers?

Soon enough a Coffer Key dropped so I took it and we headed out to the first banishing gate, made our way through and began searching. No joy, so we headed out to the second banishing gate and went in. Again, no joy, but we did find Frogamander, but no drop. Eventually there was only one place left, so we went to the third banishing gate, and lo and behold, there was the Coffer, and inside was my Gallant Coronet.

Then it was over to Eldieme Necropolis in Batallia Downs. We entered via the southern-most entrance, near the white bone structure and made our way down to where one of the hidden drops was. We had to faff with the doors for some time, but eventually made our way through, but then I tabbed onto the Coffer by accident. It was sitting just to the east of the very middle room, where the Azer floats by one of the switches.
The guys told me to wait there whilst they dropped down onto the lower level to fight the Tomb Mages and Tomb Warriors. Several BLM scrolls dropped so I lotted to sell and to give to Chinchii. The Coffer Key must have taken almost 30mins to drop but eventually I got it and popped my Old Gauntlets. I was about to log, very tired, but the others persuaded me to stay and do Dark Spark.

I went back to Jeuno to do my cutscene with Borgherz, then we Tele-Vaz'd it up to Xarcabard and legged it to Castle Zvahl. We cleared the area and I popped Dark Spark, who dropped very quickly.
I hit the same torch and got my Key Item: Shadow Flames and returned to Jeuno to pick up my final piece of artifact armour, my Gallant Gauntlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.